[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P/TDM22B dialing issue

Chris Hertz chertz at newsignature.com
Wed Jan 26 09:52:20 MST 2005

First time installing Asterisk and I have a strange problem with my
TDM400P(TDM22B) card.  When I attempt to dial out the first digit seems to
intermittently get dropped.  For example, I will make a call to 18882467555
and the first time it will connect and then the next time it will tell me to
dial a 1 before dialing a number outside my calling area.  This happens for
any of the calls that I try to make through the system.  The only thing I
can think of is that the line I am dialing out on has voicemail on it and
does a stutter tone when you first pick it up.  Would this cause the problem
(and if so, is there a way to program a delay into the call with a comma)?
Any other ideas for a newbie as to why this is happening?  Thanks!  -Chris

*****extensions.conf*****
exten => _1888.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})

*****debug information from console*****
-> = my comments

-> Dial 888 number.
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/testuser-626c", "Zap/g1/18882467555") in new
stack
    -- Called g1/18882467500
    -- Zap/3-1 answered SIP/testuser-626c
    -- Hungup 'Zap/3-1'
    == Spawn extension (outgoing, 18882467500, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/testuser-626c'
-> This time I connect fine.
-> I hang up.
-> Dial same 888 number again, 30 seconds later. (no change in
configuration)
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/testuser-84b1", "Zap/g1/18882467555") in new
stack
    -- Called g1/18882467500
    -- Zap/3-1 answered SIP/testuser-84b1
    -- Hungup 'Zap/3-1'
    == Spawn extension (outgoing, 18882467500, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/testuser-84b1'
-> This time I got message from operator telling me to dial a 1 before
dialing a number outside my calling area.