[Asterisk-Users] Howto Setup TFTP server on Linux for Cisco 7 960

Jose Cruz (Branders IT) JCruz at branders.com
Wed Jan 26 09:34:31 MST 2005

Doug

Okay, I got it.

Thanks

, Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Doug Lytle
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:19 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Howto Setup TFTP server on Linux for Cisco 7
960

Jose Cruz (Branders IT) wrote:

>But how about the config files (SIP...) that needs to be inside the tftp
>server, where can I get a sample of that?
>That's where the images for the firmwares of the ip phones come from, on
>boot right?

Jose,

Under Mandrake, to install the tftp program is, urpmi tftp-server.

The tftp root directory is, /var/lib/tftproot.

It will vary under different distros.  Once you get your tftp server
running, you need to copy the 7960's SIP image you got from the Cisco
website into the tftp root and follow their instructions on how to apply
to the phone.

Doug

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: