[Asterisk-Users] setup questions- many users, little use

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Wed Jan 26 08:50:24 MST 2005

Bill Lattner wrote:

>Right now our setup is looking as follows:
>12 ch T1 with 60 or 80 DID’s (using Digium T100P)
>P4 2.8/3 GHz Server (possibly a Dell 750, only running Asterisk)
>41 Sipura ATA’s (SPA-1001)

41 Sipura ATA's? Wow. that's a lot.. Have you thought about using
channel banks or the Mediatrix product? Of course, if this is 1 ata per
room, that's a different story. Just thinking that you could install the
mediatrix in the building's closets and utilize the existing POTs cabling..
Just a thought.. 41 ATAs might be a pain to manage unless you are setup
and prepared for that..
-Brett