[Asterisk-Users] Re: Interesting bellster issue

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Wed Jan 26 08:38:58 MST 2005

> However, the second route tried by bellster ended up with
>"This is 9:25 local time, calls are only permitted from ... to
>...". It means that the remote asterisk accepted the call to play the
>message, instead of using Congestion to use another route or fail.

The playback command has a "no answer" option that can be used to play
announcements without completing the call (ie: without providing answer
supervision). It's important that people use this option correctly; not
just for bellster, but for any error announcements. The example I always
like to give is what happens to that quarter that someone at a payphone
uses to call your errored number. Do they get it back? Or do they lose
it just because they heard an announcement.

It's pretty neat, even works well with the PSTN. I can call from my cell
phone to a congested number, hear an announcement and my cell phone
thinks the call was never completed.

I'd assume the bellster network would be able to determine if the call
was successfully connected or not.
-Brett