[Asterisk-Users] HFC-S card problems

Zdik Kudrle zdik.kudrle at cesketelekomunikace.cz
Wed Jan 26 07:19:23 MST 2005

Hello everybody,

I'm having little trouble (well, pretty big trouble) with HFC-S card and
Asterisk. My idea is to do VoIP/IAX link between two HW PBXen using two
Asterisk PC boxen with ISDN cards in them. AFAIK HFC-S cards must be in NT
mode for this installation, they must behave like state line for those HW
PBXen. (if wrong, please correct me).

Diagram follows:
                                Internet
Phone1-PBX1-<ISDN>[NT]-ASTERISK1--<IAX>--ASTERISK2-[NT]<ISDN>-PBX2-Phone2

The problem is:
I don't even know if HFC-S cards are working. Module is loaded fine,
everything seems OK but when I try to dial somewhere using Asterisk CLI
nothing happens. (well it says no answer, but HW PBX doesn't even know
that somebody is trying to dial - I've got sysphone with those nice LEDs
and none of them is emiting light :)

CLI> dial 220
-- Executing Dial("OSS/dsp", "Zap/1/36|10") in new stack
-- Called 1/36
-- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup
-- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
== No one is available to answer at this time

When I do fast > show channels, this is the result:

CLI> show channels
Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.     Data
Zap/1-1  (test       s            1   ) Dialing AppDial   (Outgoing Line)
OSS/dsp  (test       220          1   ) Ringing Dial      Zap/1/36|10

My Questions:
Is there any application which can just dial somewhere or at least run
some data through line? I just need to test that there's dataflow between
HFC-S and PBX. I need something without hard setup, just simple test tool.

Is there anybody who would be so kind to send me his/hers
Asterisk/Zapata/Zaptel config files so I can check them with mine? I know,
configs are somewhat personal stuff, but it will _very_ appreciated :)

Here come all necessary information from my config files. Don't take them
too seriosly, it's just a test config with no actual usage. BIG TNX in
advance for at least some help:

zaptel.conf
-----------
defaultzone=nl
loadzone=nl
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
bchan=1,2
dchan=3

syslog
------
PCI: Enabling device 00:0f.0 (0000 -> 0003)
zaphfc: CCD/Billion/Asuscom 2BD0 configured at mem 0xca8fd000 fifo
0xc6348000(0x6348000) IRQ 11 HZ 100
zaphfc: Card 0 configured for NT mode
Registered Span 1 ('ZTHFC1') with 3 channels
Span ('ZTHFC1') is new master
zaphfc: 1 hfc-pci card(s) in this box.

ztcfg -vv
---------
SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 399-533 feet (DSX-1)

Channel map:

Channel 01: Individual Clear channel (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: Individual Clear channel (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: D-channel (Default) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels configured.

zapata.conf
-----------
[channels]