[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Message Light on multiple phones

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Wed Jan 26 06:16:56 MST 2005

Here is what I am attempting to do (which works well on Cisco Call
Manger).  I have some 7960's that have multiple lines on them.  The
second line specifically is a "helpdesk" line that is shared among
multiple phones.  Here is how I am making that line ring on multiple
phones, maybe you have other suggestions:

exten => 135,1,Dial(SIP/135 at 100&SIP/135 at 101,20,rt)

So this rings the second line on the phones that have the first line as
100 and 101.  This works great.  When someone leaves a voicemail, the
messagelight will only light on the phone that was booted up last.  Is
there a way to make the light come on all of the helpdesk phones, with
the second line icon displaying the correct mail icon?  Here is the
sip.conf section for those particular extensions:

[100]
type=friend
username=100
secret=100