[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP600 stuck at "Running App = sip.ld" (was: Re: Polycom 1.4.1 firmware for IP500/IP600)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jan 26 05:59:29 MST 2005

> > If you have it, can I get a copy please, or possibly can you send it to the
> > keeper of http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/
> > I am looking for the latest boot image too.
>
> 1) I have the 1.4.1 firmware. To whom should I send the files? There is
> no contact info in this web site.
>

> 2) Now I am having a problem with my IP600 test unit:
>
> While performing tests on the Polycom IP600 I changed a configuration
> item and during reboot the phone stopped at the "Running App = sip.ld"
> stage and seems stuck there.
>
> I reinitialized all configuration files to their defaults from the zip
> files you sent me, to no avail. Plugging/unplugging the phone does not
> help as it starts and then stops booting at the same stage, while the
> message waiting indicator stays solid red (whereas previously it would
> flash continuously until full startup).
>
> Bootrom version: 2.6.1
> Sip.ld version:  1.4.1.0040

When I was testing some of the Polycom phones a month or two ago, I had
problems loading software a well. I had initially tried using a tftp
server (even though several notes strongly suggested using ftp only),
and tftp didn't work. I moved to ftp, and ran into problems as well.

The Polycom phones "look" at each file's timestamp, and if it is
equal-to-or-older-than what is running on the phone, it won't load
it.

Don't know if that is the same problem that you're seeing, but you can
easily test that by simply touching the file to give it a more recent
timestamp.