[Asterisk-Users] optimumvoice

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Jan 26 04:58:55 MST 2005

Being a CableVision customer I get harrassing phone calls from these
guys all the time trying to sell me their OV service.

Firstly it's closed. They won't allow you to bring anything to their
network. Secondly it uses G729 so there's no faxing etc (although you
can buy that for extra cost).

Finally its $34.95 all in. Very expensive in light of others like Vonage
and GalaxyVoice.

They do have porting abilities and a 911 service which some others don't.

Mark