[Asterisk-Users] Tall free number via FWD over IXA2

Kris Stark Kris.Stark at goDataflow.com
Tue Jan 25 22:17:35 MST 2005

Joseph wrote:
> I've setup my IAX2 over FWD and it is working I can receive a test call
> and I can call out.
> Though I cannot figure out how to dial 1-800 numbers over FWD
> When I dial 1-800 it hangs up on me.
>
> Here is a typical session:
>
> Called xxxxx:xxxxxxx at iax2.fwdnet.net/18007425877l
>     -- Call accepted by 65.39.205.121 (format ULAW)
>     -- Format for call is ULAW
>     -- Hungup 'IAX2[65.39.205.121:4569]/3'
>
> Dialing *1800... doesn't do anything.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The number that is passed to FWD needs to be in the format *1800..., so
you would want to make sure your dialplan is set up such that it passes
the number with an * at the beginning.

Alternatively, use one of the ENUM lookups to do toll free instead -
look up ENUM on the wiki.

Kris