[Asterisk-Users] PrivacyManager not Working

Brian Dingman bdingman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 19:38:42 MST 2005

So are you saying that * does not see the callerid but it should. Is
this a possible bug in the callerid application. RIght now I am seeing
that callerid isn't recognized 100% of the time (or possibly not
transmitted) when I receive calls from VP Connect. If I do a
NoOp(${CALLERIDNUM}) on incoming calls, a lot of times it comes back
UNAVAILABLE when I know the person calling has callerid being
transmitted. Just trying to figure out if this a bug in * or with VP.

This could also be related to why PrivacyManager is not working
properly. * has received the callerid info from the carrier but
couldn't translate it for some reason, so it says that callerid is
present but then sets it to UNAVAILABLE. Just a thought.