[Asterisk-Users] calleridname from chan_sip (mysql_sipfriends)

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Tue Jan 25 17:51:16 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm using mysql to define my sipfriends.
When authenticating, the calleridname from the calling
SIP user (phone) seems getting lost.

With "sip debug" I can see in the SIP messages:

From: "myName" <sip:4912345 at 1.2.3.4>;tag=22668125
To: <sip:004954321 at 1.2.3.4>

but I can't find "myName" in any channel variable.
Both, ${CALLERID} and ${CALLERIDNAME} do contain just
the number.

I wonder, if the mysql-authentication overwrites
the calleridname.

Is there any mean, to get the SIP "real name", which
is presented in the "from"-header as shown above?

Thanks for any hints!
Roger.