[Asterisk-Users] Problems splicing Asterisk with a TE405P between Arcor E1 PRI and Ericsson Business Phone 250

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Tue Jan 25 14:39:14 MST 2005

hi,

i'm having problems getting asterisk spliced between an E1 PRI (german
Telco Arcor) and an Ericsson Business Phone 250 digital PBX.
The Asterisk Server has a TE405P with it's port 1 connected to the E1
PRI provided by our telecommunications provider Arcor and port 2
connected to the E1 PRI of our Ericsson BP250.

the setup before:
Arcor TelCo PRI(E1) <------------------------> Ericsson BP250 PRI(E1)

the setup desired with asterisk spliced in:
Arcor TelCo PRI(E1) <----> P1 asterisk P2<---> Ericsson BP250 PRI(E1)

receiving and making calls between asterisk and the outside (arcor)
works so far (not entirely tested yet), but making calls from the
ericsson PBX to the asterisk server and routing them through to the
arcor PRI is not working.

the message i get when making a call from the ericsson pbx is:

"Extension '' in context 'pri-ericsson' from '123498765' does not exist"

obviously the ericsson pbx is not sending the dialled number on the pri
  (but the calling number is set correctly)

as there is very limited time for me to play around with the parameters
in the asterisk config files (as the ericsson is in production use), i
hope the community can help me.

i think zaptel.conf is OK, as the LEDs are all green and the
communication between the all devices is working.

do i have to make changes on the ericsson PBX or in the zapata.conf?

regards
   frank

here are some fragments of my config files:

#### /etc/zaptel.conf
# TE405P quad PRI(E1)
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47
span=3,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=63-77,79-93
dchan=78
span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=94-108,110-124
dchan=109
loadzone=nl
defaultzone=nl

#### /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=de
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
context=pri-external
group = 1
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31
context=pri-ericsson
group = 2
signalling=pri_net
channel => 32-46,48-62
context=pri-loopin
group = 3
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 63-77,79-93
context=pri-loopout
group = 4
signalling=pri_net
channel => 94-108,110-124

#### /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf (just the part of it that matters)
[pri-external] ; calls from the telco
include => durchwahl
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
exten => s,3,Hangup()

[pri-ericsson] ; calls from the ericsson BP250 to asterisk
include => durchwahl
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,2
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10