[Asterisk-Users] Codec negotiation

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Tue Jan 25 12:21:52 MST 2005

The codec is selected by asterisk depending upon the codecs that you
have allowed for the particular channel context and your setting of the
bandwidth= parameter.

It would be nice if you could set things up so that an inbound call
could force * to a higher bandwidth codec when needed (for example, an
inbound fax call, let's say) but AFAIK this is not possible.

-mark