[Asterisk-Users] One Ring Mystery

dbruce at bananatel.com dbruce at bananatel.com
Tue Jan 25 11:41:47 MST 2005

Actually... that spurious ring from the SPA-2000 is, in fact, a VoiceMail
message waiting indicator... If you have a message waiting, or the state of
the message waiting indicator changes, the phone attached to the line
affected will emit a short ring... It is not a network connection indicator.

If I remember correctly, it can be disabled on the USER1/USER2 page... (near
the bottom, right side... sorry, I don't have one readily available at the
moment to be able to give exact options to change)

Regards,

Derek Bruce