[Asterisk-Users] UPS for Asterisk

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Tue Jan 25 09:47:23 MST 2005

Just a counterexample -- the batteries in our 3 kW rack-mount SmartUPS only
lasted three years before one of them failed.  They were a real pain to get
out, too -- the failed battery had swelled up and wedged itself in the
battery compartment.  The rack-mount UPS runs around 120 degrees F inside
and that seems to shorten the battery life.