[Asterisk-Users] Updating Asterisk

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 25 09:44:54 MST 2005

   I initially installed Asterisk from a vendor supplied CD. I want to
maintain a more current release so I am trying to update from CVS.
I removed the previous vendor's release and followed the
instructions you provided. I got the following error. Can you
explain why?

Thanks,
Steve

---  cut here ---

isk/asterisk.conf\" -DASTMODDIR=\"/usr/lib/asterisk/modules\"
-DASTAGIDIR=\"/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin\"     -DBUSYDETECT_MARTIN
-c -o channel.o channel.c
channel.c:49:2: #error "You need newer zaptel!  Please cvs update zaptel"
channel.c: In function `ast_channel_alloc':
channel.c:303: `ZT_TIMERPONG' undeclared (first use in this function)
channel.c:303: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
channel.c:303: for each function it appears in.)
channel.c: In function `ast_queue_frame':
channel.c:418: `ZT_TIMERPING' undeclared (first use in this function)
channel.c: In function `ast_read':
channel.c:1244: `ZT_EVENT_TIMER_EXPIRED' undeclared (first use in this
function)
channel.c:1246: `ZT_EVENT_TIMER_PING' undeclared (first use in this
function)
channel.c:1255: `ZT_TIMERPONG' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [channel.o] Error 1
--- end cut --