[Asterisk-Users] bellster credits problem coming...

Ed Guy edguy at pulver.com
Tue Jan 25 08:22:08 MST 2005

Jay,

Thanks for the feedback.

You seem to be missing one of the basic premises of bellster: it is an
equitable
sharing network where "The [Calls] you take are equal to the [Calls] you
make."

Route selection is done heuristically favoring the least used of the
most direct (or more fully specified) routes.  Many routes are attempted
until the call is successfully routed.  It is neither round-robin or
random.

For instance, if Marge Gunderson in Fargo runs the only bellster node
for her small exchange in North Dakota, calls to that exchange
will go there first, then if there is no PSTN path available, it attempt
higher level routes (e.g., the area code, then the country) until
a working one is found.

I'll add these features as schedule permits:
* "Altruistic Routes" where the caller need not have any credits to call.
* "Points Transfer"

On the chargeable 800 numbers, please provide specific details off-list.

/ed guy edguy at pulver.com

PS. recent features:

* Quiet Calls. (sans Allison)
* ENUM directory.  (server side is done -- hopefully someone will donate the
client side.)
see http://www.bellster.net/web/NewFeatures

PPS.  for your FWD mailing list problem,
visit support at: http://www.fwdnet.net/content/view/full/373/