[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk -> static nat -> laptop w/siproxd -> cisco 7960

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.asterisk at lixfeld.ca
Tue Jan 25 07:25:02 MST 2005

On Jan 25, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Kim Lux wrote:

> I'm trying to get similar working with a Grandstream.  I'm getting a
> lot
> of echo.  My laptop is crashing when the call terminates.
>
> What are you using for the NAT setup on your laptop ? (firestarter)
> Are
> you adding any special rules to handle the SIP phone ?

My laptop is running Mac OS X 10.3.  By default when I share my
internet connection, natd is doing the NAT but I have siproxd running
so nat doesn't apply.  Siproxd is responsible for rewriting to the
packet.

> I'm wondering if we both have the same problem, ie outside entities
> can't get back through the NAT to the phone connected to the laptop.

That's what I'm seeing.  My SIP phone cannot register to my asterisk
box through siproxd.  I'm not sure if it's the phone or siproxd but
it's not asterisk -- asterisk doesn't care.