[Asterisk-Users] Codec mismatch between SIP (BT) and IAX Phone

timebandit001 at gmail.com timebandit001 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 06:44:29 MST 2005

> (IAXPhone):
I suppose you're talking about Steve Sokol's phone
If so, then this phone only support gsm.

> Jan 25 13:52:22 NOTICE[31334]: channel.c:1314 ast_read: Dropping
> incompatible voice frame on IAX2/200/1 of format gsm since our native format
> has changed to ulaw
>
> Why is Asterisk not satisfied with gsm packets - it should transcode if
> necessary ?
> I have enabled gsm and ulaw in both configs, but it seems not sufficient.
Yes, * will transcode, but you specified in the IAX Phone config that
you allow this one tu use gsm AND ulaw, so instead of transcoding, *
just tell the IAX Phone to switch to uLaw, since the originating party
sends it in ulaw.

Just change your iax.conf to only allow gsm on the IAX Phone like this :

disallow=all
allow=gsm