[Asterisk-Users] Correct way to update Asterisk

Pat Delaney Pat.Delaney at inewsroom.com
Tue Jan 25 05:11:22 MST 2005

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of steve
szmidt
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 11:21 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Correct way to update Asterisk

On Monday 24 January 2005 23:31, Pat Delaney wrote:
> Pardon the newbie post. I installed Asterisk on a "test" system using
> the Asterisk at home cd image. When you boot from Asterisk at home is
> installs an O/S and Asterisk on your PC. How cool is that. But I was
> wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for
> updating the version that I have.
>
> I'm new to CVS, how do I determine what version to build? Is there a
> primer on how to download the latest version and install it?
>
> If I manage to figure out how to pull it down, when I build it and
> install, will it overwrite my configurations?
>
> Sorry again for the dumb questions
>
> Pat

You could try my update script at:
szmidt.org/asterisk/asterisk-update.sh

It will backup what you have and update, compile and install it for you.
You
can even do it in a number of different ways.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: