[Asterisk-Users] Correct way to update Asterisk

Pat Delaney Pat.Delaney at inewsroom.com
Mon Jan 24 21:31:36 MST 2005

Pardon the newbie post. I installed Asterisk on a "test" system using
the Asterisk at home cd image. When you boot from Asterisk at home is installs
an O/S and Asterisk on your PC. How cool is that. But I was wondering if
someone could point me in the right direction for updating the version
that I have.

I'm new to CVS, how do I determine what version to build? Is there a
primer on how to download the latest version and install it?

If I manage to figure out how to pull it down, when I build it and
install, will it overwrite my configurations?

Sorry again for the dumb questions

Pat