[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 in aging Dell Optiplex

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Mon Jan 24 18:01:36 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 11:13, Ronan Mullally wrote:
> I've got an old Dell Optiplex (Pentium-II, 1998 Vintage) which is
> successfully running an X100P card.  I'm hoping to upgrade to a TDM400.
>
> Has anybody tried running these cards in old Optiplex machines?  I'm not
> particularly worried about horsepower - more about the motherboard having
> a PCI bus that's able to power up the card...

Make sure that your PCI bus is 2.2 spec (issued Jan '99).

I had this problem the other day with an X101P working OK and a TDM400P
not being found by the BIOS.

> -Ronan

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."