[Asterisk-Users] Volume on Zap channels (T1)

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:38:11 MST 2005

I'm having some problems with the volume when bridging two zap
channels together.

Here is my config.....

Asterisk(with TE410) <--> PBX (Toshiba) <--> PSTN (Via T1)

When a call comes from the PSTN, in to the pbx, and into Asterisk it
sounds great.

When a call is sent from Asterisk to the PSTN (via our pbx) it sounds great.

When I try to have a call come in from the PSTN, to the Asterisk
server, and then back out with a Dial command (bridging Zap/1 to
Zap/24) the volume is terrible.

Now, to add confusion to this, multiple calls in and out on these same
zap channels to a meetme sound great! I've had 10 calls from the PSTN
into the meetme with no problems what so ever. So this semi-proves
that there isn't degradation when having multiple Zap channels
together.

Does anyone have a clue why the actual "bridged" calls would suffer
from volume problems?

Thanks,

-Brian