[Asterisk-Users] Damn DTMF Beeps on my calls

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Mon Jan 24 15:06:40 MST 2005

Me wrote:

> Can someone give me a clue as to why I keep hearing DTMF type beeps on
> my phone calls. It sounds exactly like someone on the other end is
> pushing a key on their phone but they are not!
>
> Has anyone ever heard of this before? It use to happen once in a
> while, today it's been happening a LOT and it's driving me batty..

Are you sure it's DTMF and not just beeps? Seems like a silly question,
but sometimes a side effect of having network congestion or hard drive
issues will result in beeps or squeaks in the call.

If so, here are some things to check.
1. Voip over the internet? Anybody's guess on bandwidth.
2. hdparam -u1 /dev/hda1

-Brett