[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk v1.0.1 Cisco 7960 Sip v7.3

Greg Oliver goliver at cistera.com
Mon Jan 24 14:45:12 MST 2005

Running those versions of code, my 7960 will not register with Asterisk.

The same 7960 is authenticating against another * server on line 2 just
fine though - with the same settings in sip.conf.  On the failing *
server I am just getting 401 unauthorized errors on the console.  From
the phone's shell I get that t is registering, but not authenticated .1.
from show reg.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Only passwords were removed.

Thanks,

Greg Oliver

I have included my SIP.....cnf file for review..

# SIP Configuration Generic File (start)

# Proxy Server
proxy1_address: "sip.cistera.com"
proxy2_address: "pbx-nwcorp.nationwide.net"
proxy3_address: "192.168.117.4"
proxy4_address: "192.168.117.4"
proxy5_address: "192.168.117.4"
proxy6_address: "192.168.117.4"

# Line 1 Settings
line1_name: "74678"                          ; Line 1 Extension\User ID
line1_shortname: "Cistera"
line1_displayname: "Cistera"                   ; Line 1 Display Name
line1_authname: "74678"         ; Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_password: ""         ; Line 1 Registration Password

# Line 2 Settings
line2_name: "131"                          ; Line 3 Extension\User ID
line2_shortname: "MobilPro"                 ; Line 3 Extension\User ID
line2_displayname: "Sarah"                   ; Line 3 Display Name
line2_authname: "131"         ; Line 2 Registration Authentication
line2_password: ""         ; Line 2 Registration Password

# Line 3 Settings
line3_name: ""                     ; Line 2 Extension\User ID
line3_shortname: ""
line3_displayname: ""           ; Line 2 Display Name
line3_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 3 Registration Authentication
line3_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 3 Registration Password

# Line 4 Settings
line4_name: ""                          ; Line 4 Extension\User ID
line4_displayname: ""                   ; Line 4 Display Name
line4_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 4 Registration Authentication
line4_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 4 Registration Password

# Line 5 Settings
line5_name: ""                          ; Line 5 Extension\User ID
line5_displayname: ""                   ; Line 5 Display Name
line5_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 5 Registration Authentication
line5_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 5 Registration Password

# Line 6 Settings
line6_name: ""                          ; Line 6 Extension\User ID
line6_displayname: ""                   ; Line 6 Display Name
line6_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 6 Registration Authentication
line6_password: "UNPROVISIONED"         ; Line 6 Registration Password

# Emergency Proxy info
proxy_emergency: ""
proxy_emergency_port: "5060"

# Backup Proxy info
proxy_backup: ""
proxy_backup_port: "5060"

# Outbound Proxy info
outbound_proxy: ""
outbound_proxy_port: ""

# NAT/Firewall Traversal
nat_enable: "1"
nat_address: "64.123.190.68"
voip_control_port: "5060"
start_media_port: "16000"
end_media_port:  "32768"
nat_received_processing: "1"

# Phone Label (Text desired to be displayed in upper right corner)
phone_label: "Home  "            ; Has no effect on SIP messaging

# Time Zone phone will reside in
time_zone: CST

# Telnet Level (enable or disable the ability to telnet into this phone
telnet_level: "2"      ; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled, 2-Privileged

# Phone prompt/password for telnet/console session
phone_prompt: "Get Out"                              ; Telnet/Console Prompt
phone_password: "a"                          ; Telnet/Console Password

# Enable_VAD (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
enable_vad: "0"

# Network Media Type (auto, full100, full10, half100, half10)
network_media_type: "auto"
user_info: "none"
# URL for external Directory location
#logo_url: "http://10.0.1.3/10-20logo.bmp"                    ; URL for
branding logo to be used on phone display

# SIP Configuration Generic File (stop)

SIP.CONF entry:

[74678]
context=default