[Asterisk-Users] Zapata in Australia

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Mon Jan 24 08:25:38 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 21:37, Emanuele Venditti wrote:
> Does anybody what the regional settings are to use an x100p (clone)
> card
> with Asterisk in Australia?
> I got mine installed and recognised by * but I get no sound and
> terrible hangup detection.
> Basically after each test call to the landine number (plugged into the
> x100p card)
> I need to unplug the cord and plug it back in to get a normal
> dialtone.
>
> When * answers the call (or diverts it to any internal IP phone) there
> is absolutely no
> sound.

This works for me in AU.

In /etc/zaptel.conf:
fxsks=1
loadzone = au
defaultzone=au

In /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
[channels]
context = default
signalling = fxs_ks
echocancel = 128
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
echotraining = yes
relaxdtmf = yes
pulsedial = yes
rxgain = +15%
txgain = +5%
immediate = no
busydetect = yes
busycount = 3
callprogress = yes
musiconhold = default
usecallerid = yes
callerid = asreceived
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer = yes
faxdetect = both
group = 1
channel => 1

Note that I do not get callerid but I do get fax.

> many thanks
> manny

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."