[Asterisk-Users] how to display queue status and/or line status in asterisk

Jon Gabrielson jon at directfreight.com
Mon Jan 24 02:18:43 MST 2005

What is the best way to display queue status to a station?
Our current phone system has 4 lines at each station so
it is really easy to see how many lines are waiting.  I could
replicate this using a 4 line phone, but this requires both
running an extra 4pair to each desk as well as taking up
4 slots on a channel bank for each extension, so this is
not a very feasible solution.  Is there a way to maybe have
virtual lines on an ADSI phone or using callerid to somehow
relay the number of people waiting in a queue?  How are
other people dealing with line/queue status in asterisk?

Thanks,

Jon.