[Asterisk-Users] Any experience with Sangoma cards?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Mon Jan 24 08:03:36 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am considering A101/102/104 cards for my asterisk
> installations. Has any of you used these or any Sangoma cards
> in such environment? Any thoughts? How do they stack up
> against Digium cards? Any input would be greatly appreciated. robert

The Sangoma cards are very well built and very well supported.

They've been in business since 1984, and are commited to Linux and open
source. The T1 cards they have for Asterisk are ASIC-based, which means
that they can program their card to be whatever they want it to be. For
Zaptel compatibility, they actually dumbed-down their cards - the
hardware is capable of a lot more.

Expect to see exciting things from Sangoma with respect to open source
telephony.

Cheers,

Jim.