[Asterisk-Users] IAXTEL is dead/dying?

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Mon Jan 24 07:45:32 MST 2005

As someone that's just recently setup an * server I agree. I thought
about setting up an Iaxtel account as well but couldn't see the point
in it because I had setup FWD for testing. I continue to use FWD for
all my toll free calls and the quality is just awesome. I can't see how
Iaxtel would provide any additional benefit. Perhaps the time for
Iaxtel has come and gone. There are plenty of IAX2 providers these
days, * has become quite popular, so the need for a separate telecom
network doesn't make a whole lot of sense; not that FWD isn't separate,
it's just more popular IMHO.

-mark

Mark Eissler, mark at mixtur.com
Mixtur Interactive, Inc. - at - http://www.mixtur.com