[Asterisk-Users] Auto callout - reminder - is it possible?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jan 24 07:05:40 MST 2005

On January 24, 2005 08:38 am, Roger Hanson wrote:
> I did see the wiki items: "asterisk auto-dial out deliver message" and
> "Asterisk Auto-dial out" and think I may be able to muddle my way
> through getting that working (although that may be questionable) but is
> it feasable to integrate this wit a website, where a user enters a phone
> number in a form, then asterisk somehow gets this information from the
> website and it gets added to a database or some way for Asterisk to
> gather that information and make the phone calls automatically?  Maybe
> with another option on what type of notification it would be (furnace
> filter, 1 month reminder, 2 month reminder) based on a variable in the
> form?

The callout in the wiki blows goatass -- at least the voicemail one -- I have
a cron script which looks for messages in the watched "INBOX" folders and
generates a callout every 5 minutes until the message is listened to (at
which time it is moved to the Old folder).

As far as integrating with a website or database -- that is a piece of cake.
Your backend logic just determines when a call is needed and gerates the
approprate .call file.  Just remember to create it in /tmp or something,
close it and then MOVE it to the outgoing spool instead of creating and
working on it in the outgoing spool.

-A.