[Asterisk-Users] Power Alarm Error - Help

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Mon Jan 24 05:35:35 MST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:56:50AM -0600, Michael K. Rodriguez User wrote:
> I had a similar problem with power.
> I connected Asterisk to a Belkin UPS 1200VA and the the server would boot up
> and asterisk would load but the T1s on the Quad T1 card failed to come up. I
> placed a loop on the card and still no change. Finally, I removed the UPS
> and the T1s came up.
>
> Do know if this will help you, but the T1 card seems to be delicate with
> power.

I've been having similar trouble with one of my units.  I put a UPS on the
system and it seemed to get better, but how that module fails regularly.

Incidentally, when a module dies and holds the circuit open, I can top
asterisk, unload the kernel modules, reload them, run ztcfg, and restart * w/o
restarting the system.  However, it does require * to stop and that is
annoying.

I moved my problematic phone to a different fxs module and all seems fine.  We
have a similar problem with a TDM/FXS module in a different location.

I've written digium support, but they are kinda slow in responding.

> On 1/23/05 10:31 AM, "timebandit001 at gmail.com" <timebandit001 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> I have been getting the following message in Asterisk and it shuts Asterisk
> >> down, needing a reboot.
> >>
> >> "Power alarm on Module 2"
> >>
> >> I have
> >> (1) TDM400P with (2) FXS & (2) FXO cards
> >> (1) X100P card
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> > Since nobody answered, I'll guess something :)
> >
> > Did you plug the power on the TDM400P ?  since you have FXS ports, you
> > need to plug it in

> ---

-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.