[Asterisk-Users] Short DTMF Tones and Asterisk

Robert P. McKenzie rmckenzi at rpmdp.com
Mon Jan 24 03:31:43 MST 2005

I'm having a very annoying problem with access my asterisk system from
work.  Our phone system here only produces very very short DTMF tones.
The phones work fine for other IVR systems (Dell Support, HP Support,
etc, etc).  However, tones to Asterisk just never make it.

The way I'm calling into my Asterisk server is such:

    OFFICE PHONE => CALLUK.COM 0870 => IAX Inbound

The phone quality of the spoken call is fine, but DTFM tones aren't working.

I'm using ulaw as the codec and bandwidth has been set to high in iax.conf.

Any advice would be great.  I could post debug logs of a call if someone
would care to explain exactly what to capture.

I'm still a newbie to Asterisk.

Thanks in advance.

--
Robert P. McKenzie                 |   GammaRay Technical Services Ltd
rmckenzi at rpmdp.com                 |             rob at gammaray-tech.com
http://www.uk-experience.com       |      http://www.gammaray-tech.com

Ecademy Profile:   http://www.ecademy.com/account.php?op=view&id=64014