[Asterisk-Users] UPS for Asterisk

Mike Sander mike at corporatebankinginternational.com
Sun Jan 23 14:04:36 MST 2005

I'd considering an UPS backup system for my Asterisk server. I understand
this is a linux issue, not a * issue, except for the following...

Is the harddisk activity on a standard asterisk install such that I don't
really have to worry if the power cuts??

As I understand, if HD activity is minimal, the probability of HD failure is
significantly reduced.

P.S. Power regulation is not needed, only protection against instantaneous
power loss.

Mike Sander