[Asterisk-Users] Dialogic D/4PCI

Henry Devito hdevito at qwest.net
Sat Jan 22 22:59:29 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Underwood" <steveu at coppice.org>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Dialogic D/4PCI

>> Word of caution:  Even if you can buy the drivers and make this card work
>> with *, it is not meant to plug directly into a CO -48vdc talk battery
>> and 90-130vac ring voltage delivered by your phone company.  These cards
>> were designed to be used behind a pbx.  Most PBX's only deliver -24vdc on
>> a analog line now and between 72v and 90vac for ring voltage.  Not to say
>> the D/4PCI or D/4PCIU will not work on a standard line and not have any
>> problem, just a thought just incase you do get this to work and something
>> blows up or gets ruined.  You'll know why.  Have a great day.
>
> Rubbish. That Dialogic card is designed and approved for use with PSTN
> lines. The only Dialogic cards I know of which are purely PBX oriented are
> their MSI cards, which only *provide* 24V and a lowish ring voltage.
>
> That said, the D/4PCI is useless with *, even if you buy the drivers. It
> is not a full duplex cards. The * drivers are for the JCT cards.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I never said it wouldn't work or that it wasn't in the specs of the card.  I
was speaking from experience,  My company has been an authorized distributor
of these cards for a few years now and I have replaced several cards that
were hooked to the PSTN due to loop current and voltage.  Just to clarify.