[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Install Method

lonnie at outstep.com lonnie at outstep.com
Sat Jan 22 10:48:56 MST 2005

Hello All,

I am going to try and install Asterisk on a server machine that I have and
wanted to get the opinion of experienced people as to the best method.

Initially I was going to purchase the Asterisk Starter Kit at:

http://www.thevoipconnection.com/store/catalog/product_16215_Asterisk_Starter_Kit.html

But from what I can find out in the reviews, the book that comes with the
kit is not supposed to be that good.

Because of that, I was thinking to purchase the Digium TDM400P FXO/FXS
Interface Card and either a VoIP phone or adapter for an analog phone to
get started.

Additionally I wanted to try and find out which method of installation is
easier and cleaner:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Install+CDROM

I do have Linux experience with Fedora, and Mandrake as well.

Thanks all,
Lonnie