[Asterisk-Users] Slightly OT: ASTERISK - HiPath

Juergen K. Zick syscon-lists at ifa.uni-kassel.de
Sat Jan 22 08:54:56 MST 2005

Hi folks,

I got a demo version of a Siemens HiPath RG2200 Gateway/Gateway which I
probably have to integrate with an * PBX for some time:

Some HiPath extensions should be registered to the * box using H.323 ... as
a proof of concept for a smooth migration from HiPath to Asterisk.

Unfortunately, I have not found any how-to or config examples how to
configure the HiPath box - and the software itself is FAR from
self-explanatory ... The HiPath box has a CAPI ISDN-adapter working and in
some tool I can see that calls do come in but nothing more happens ... For
the test, I'd like to define extensions for a softphone, a non-Siemens
H.323 hardphone and a HiPath TA1200 and then connecting the extensions to
the * box and moving the phone devices to * extensions ...

However, I got the H.323 soft- and hardphones and the HiPath AP1100 already
connected to the * box (besides some SIP-phones), but I have no clue at
all, how to configure the HiPath box ... esp. how to define call plans,
extensions etc ...

So, any help would appreciated VERY much ...

tnx,

Jürgen