[Asterisk-Users] IAX Inbound Sound Quality

Brian Dingman bdingman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:08:59 MST 2005

I have a couple of DID's through VP Connect and have been having sound
quality issues on incoming calls. During the call, the calling parties
voice sometimes sound like it is crackling, in other words it is not
very crisp. I would liken it to listening to a radio with a blown
speaker. This sound defect comes and goes throughout the call. The
other person is always audible but it just isn't as crisp and clear as
when I make outgoing calls over IAX. The other party does not hear any
audio defects.

Anybody have any suggestions on tweaking this? Or has anyone
experienced the like?

Running * 1.0.3 on an AMD 1700 with 512 MB of RAM (Red Hat 9). I am
the only user currently on the system. I am connecting with their IAX
server using ULAW and my SIP phone is also using ULAW (Sipura 2000).

Thanks,
Brian