[Asterisk-Users] SPA-2000

guru at fnacional.com guru at fnacional.com
Fri Jan 21 17:01:23 MST 2005

> Hi,  I have not implemented any of the spa-2000's yet.  Do they work ok
> with
> asterisk?  Is the 2000 capable of having 2 FXS extensions off each one or
> is
> it two fxs ports with the same extension?

The Sipura 2000 can have have the 2 FXS ports each with its own extension.

They work very well with asterisk, when asterisk is in the local network
that the sipura is in. Over the internet it should work but it is harder
to get working, I have been working on getting a sipura to work remotely
to an asterisk server, and I got it to register to an asterisk server over
the internet, but it did not work, I think it is probably something in the
configuration of asterisk or the firewall.

One limitation of the sipura 2000 is that you can not use both ports at
the same time with the G729 codec, I belive this may be due to the sipura
having an smal CPU that can not handle the load of 2 G729 codecs.

Other limitations are the lack of GSM, and iLBC codecs.

Overal the sipura is very good.

Sergio