[Asterisk-Users] IVR---if you know your parties extension you may dial it now

Michael Levenson Michael at Levenson.org
Fri Jan 21 16:52:15 MST 2005

I have searched and I have my IVR working when it has to fork off to another
application but how do I get it to allow callers to dial the extension
directly instead of going though the directory?

[mainmenu]
  exten => s,1,Answer
  exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
  exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
  exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10

  ;SAI menu - 1 for tech support, 2 for directory, 3 for echo test
  exten => s,5,Background(custom/sai-welcome)
  exten => s,6,Background(custom/sai-choose)

  ; Leave Voicemail
  ;exten => 1,1,VoicemailMain2()
  ;exten => 1,2,Hangup
  ; company directory
  exten => 2,1,Directory(local)
; Echo Test
  exten => 3,1,Playback(demo-echotest)
  exten => 3,2,Echo
  exten => 3,3,Playback(demo-echodone)
  exten => 3,4,Goto(mainmenu,s,6)

I have extensions that start with 3's, 9's, 1's and 6's