[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.4 and broadvoice patch

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Jan 21 11:07:52 MST 2005

A quick patch test yields a mixture of hunks failing and succeeding. I
guess my approach will be to build it and try it with broadvoice first.
I certainly don't want to spend any time analyzing code that is not needed.

I already have a 1.0.2 debian package set that works with broadvoice. I
guess I need to put a test PC together and put that one behind a NAT
router  to see if it also works that way. I think an athlon xp 2000
combined with AMD chipset and 256mb ECC DDR 266 ram should be adequate
for basic tests.

I hope to have 1.0.4 available for users of debian GNU/Linux available
soon. Will advise when it is ready for download. I can use the debian
alien tool to create rpm packages but I have no systems here running
rpm-based linux distros to test those on.

a at a:~/telephony/test104$ patch chan_sip.c broadvoicesip2.txt
patching file chan_sip.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 230 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 322.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 504.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 3703 (offset -35 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 4014.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 4036.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 4056.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 4088.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 4130.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 4146.
Hunk #12 succeeded at 4185 (offset -19 lines).
Hunk #13 FAILED at 4196.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 4211.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 4326.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 6278.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 6402.
Hunk #18 FAILED at 6815.
Hunk #19 succeeded at 6903 with fuzz 2 (offset 34 lines).
14 out of 19 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file chan_sip.c.rej

I also tried it with the older version of the patch:

a at a:~/telephony/test104$ patch chan_sip.c broadvoicesip.txt
patching file chan_sip.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 324.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 504.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 3984.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 4006.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 4026.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 4058.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 4100.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 4116.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 4147.
Hunk #12 FAILED at 4162.
Hunk #13 FAILED at 4277.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 6261.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 6385.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 6798.
Hunk #17 succeeded at 6888 with fuzz 2 (offset 68 lines).
14 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file chan_sip.c.rej