[Asterisk-Users] Re: No sound

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Jan 21 10:23:02 MST 2005

Hi Mike -

> I hope this isn't a double-post...but here goes. I have setup an * box
> using WBEL, and I have * up and running. The problem I have is that
> when I dial an extension I cannot hear anything. It's not my sound
> card either. I can see the call going through on the CLI and I see
> where it goes to voicemail. I thought at first it was a firewall issue
> so I disalbed the firewall but it still is not working. Thanks for any
> help on this...

We'll need a few more details -

1) what phone devices are you using? Analog, SIP, IAX?
2) If SIP or IAX, the corresponding configuration files - sip.conf,
iax.conf, if Analog phones - zapata.conf and zaptel.conf for (or the
configuration files for your hardware, if non-zaptel)
3) It wouldn't hurt to also provide extensions.conf, though it sounds
like your calls are getting directed to the right place.

Thanks!
Noah