[Asterisk-Users] Recording a meetme conference

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Jan 21 05:03:29 MST 2005

We record meetme rooms by sending a manager Action to place a call from the
meetme room to an extension that is defined to start recording for a
predetermined amount of time, to end that recording we just send an Action
to Hangup that channel. Been working great for over a year now with over
180,000 recordings so far.

Word of warning on other methods, recording one of the participant Zap or
SIP channels has given us mixed results in the past like one-side audio,
distortion or no audio at all in the recording, that's why we use the method
above.

This is also how the apps in the astGUIclient suite record in meetme rooms.
http://astguiclient.sf.net/

MATT---