[Asterisk-Users] Grandstreams+Nat

Altus Snyman altus at stormcorp.co.za
Fri Jan 21 04:16:19 MST 2005

Good day all
I cant get my grandstream bt-100 to register
My asterisk is on a public ip and the phone behind a nat firewall
I added nat=yes in sip.conf and did this on my grandstream

set the GS to "SIP server=asterisk.yourhost.com" and leave "Outbound
Proxy" empty
  * set the GS to SIP port 5060 and RTP port 5004 (and "Use random
    port=No")
  * set the GS to "NAT traversal=Yes" with "STUN server=stun.xten.net"
  * arrange port forwarding on your NAT router for tcp/udp 5062 and udp
    5004 to your GS phone's IP address
  * enter "nat=yes" and "canreinvite=no" in your sip.conf for this GS
    phone user
  * in this order: issue a "reload" in the Asterisk console, restart
    your NAT router and reboot the phone
  *
  * Please Help