[Asterisk-Users] ringback

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Jan 21 00:56:56 MST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Steve Clark wrote:

> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > On January 20, 2005 02:15 pm, Steve Clark wrote:
> >>I am dialing from one zap channel to a second zap channel. Is there a way
> >>to keep the channel I am dialing to from generating a ringback tone.
> >
> > exten => 1,Dial(Zap/1)
> >
> > should not generate ringback...
> >
> > exten => 1,Dial(Zap/1,,r)
> >
> > should generate ringback.
> >
> That what I thought also but it doesn't work. I think what it really does is
> generates a ringback if the remote end is not generating it.
>
> In any event when I tried it both ways I still got a ringback tone.

The "r" option instructs asterisk to generate ringback locally. Without it
audio will be passed from the called party to the calling party. You can
use the music on hold option to the dial application to break the reverse
audio path. If you want silence, you can set up a MoH-class with a silent
sound clip.

Peter