[Asterisk-Users] Becoming a VOIP provider

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Fri Jan 21 00:32:27 MST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 02:53:56PM -0700, Keith Burns arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Be careful of LI requirements in Australia.

Which ones, there are pretty much none!
What we have in .au (for quite a lot of things in reality) is a
PERCEPTION that these things are legislated (like free speech and
lifeline services) but they arn't. And I can confirm that under
australian communications law if you're doing VoIP lifeline is not a
requirement (and if required I can supply contact details of one of the
people who recently got that statement claified in the law).