[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 300/500 Conferencing Behavior

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Jan 20 23:46:02 MST 2005

Hello,
	I've got a mixture of SPIP 300 and 500 phones in production for
various clients. I've got the XML settings configured for local
conferencing, but I'm not seeing the expected behavior from the phone when
I attempt to conference two calls together. According to the manual, while
talking to the first party, you simply hit Conference, dial the second
party and then Conference to join them. This is supposed to put the first
party on Hold until you bridge them together with the second press of the
Conference button.
	That is all fine and well, but it doesn't quite work the way that
the manual describes. Instead of joining the two calls together when the
Conference key is pressed for the second time, the first party is taken
off hold and hears dead silence. The only way to correctly join the
parties is to hit the Hold and then Resume soft key, at which point all
three parties can talk to each other.

As an illustration

Conf -> Dial -> Conf doesn't work.

However,

Conf -> Dial -> Conf -> Hold -> Resume DOES work.

	I'm running 1.3.4 firmware on all the phones, and I can't for the
life of me figure out what is causing this problem. It is very likely some
misconfiguration in the XML files, but I can't find it. Anyone have any
suggestions?

                             KP-216-121-ST