[Asterisk-Users] Re: Best Grandstream firmware to use?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Thu Jan 20 18:59:22 MST 2005

aab.lists at nb-a.com (Aldo Bergamini) writes:
> asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:
>>http://fm.grandstream.com/gs/
> Thanks!

And thanks from here too!  I've been annoyed at the non-working
message button from 1.0.5.16 for about a month.  It is nice to have
that working again.

In case anyone else is trying to use the version 1.0.5.16 HTTP method
of upgrading the firmware, don't bother.  It doesn't work.  I couldn't
go from *.16 to *.20 until I went back to using TFTP.  The files get
loaded by the grandstream, but it never seems to burn them into
eeprom.  As soon as I set up the tfttp server again and changed the
GS's config, it loaded and burned just fine.

-wolfgang
     Hate software patents?  Sign here: http://thankpoland.info/