[Asterisk-Users] iax encryption

John Hammen jhammen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:22:24 MST 2005

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any way to encrypt IAX traffic? I am aware
of the ability to use md5 or RSA for authentication, but I'm talking
about the packets themselves, after authorization has already
occured...

Forgive me if this is documented somewhere,  but I all I could find
online was a presentation with the statement "there has been talk of
adding encryption to the IAX protocol". Does anyone know the current
status of this i.e. is there any active developement going on?

Thanks in advance for any and all pointers...
-John