[Asterisk-Users] VoIP-to-TDM processing on-card?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jan 20 14:02:15 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 15:40 -0500, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Olson, Dana wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, thanks to those who could see past the petty details, and sorry for pissing off those who can't.
> >

> For what it's worth, back in the day I used to heat up red hot when I
> saw Critch's tart responses to newbie questions.
>
> Now that I'm doing the daily battle to read every mail on all the
> Asterisk lists, I've changed my tune somewhat.
>
> You should accept the fact that his approach got your attention, and
> that on the main he was right: you admit you didn't look very hard, you
> did in fact send a mail with a noxious dislaimer, and worst, you sent it
> in HTML.
>
> Take your lumps and move on, and recognize that Steve's contribution to
> this list, while undeniably unpleasant when dished out, in the main is
> performing a valuable service for all of those who strive to learn more
> about Asterisk.

While I thank those who come to my defense, I thought my first post was
rather tame. I made the remarks about content and then proceeded to
answer questions.

If I am wrong and I wasn't tame, then maybe there is a disconnect
between myself and others about what should be offensive. It does seem
that Dana is taking the suggestions to heart and is changing for the
better.