[Asterisk-Users] Dialplan - intercoms

George Gardiner asterisk at georgej.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:48:44 MST 2005

I've been scratching my head for a while and I expect it is my mediocre knowledge of Asterisk which is holding me back.  If anyone can assist me with some pointers I'd be grateful.

Basically, I've hooked up a Viking intercom at the front door.  It hooks into an fxs as a "phone".  Up till now I've just played back a "go away" message if any internal phones are not answered.  That was simple enough.

What I would like to do is answer the intercom, play a simple message  to the visitor (i.e. please wait) - no problem so far.

Then I want to put the intercom extension on hold, call another extension, play back a message which the visitor can't hear ("there's someone at the front door) and give the person who answers the option to either connect to the intercom/front door (e.g. "press 1") or to hangup and let Asterisk play the "go away" message via the intercom (e.g. "press 2").

A steer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Regards,
George